Fall is my favorite season. Here’s why:
1. Leaves changing colors. I must admit, I’m so looking forward to fall in Atlanta again this year. In Charleston, the leaves go from green to brown. But last year the leaves were beautiful for several weeks. Reminds me of all our October trips to the mountains growing up.
2. Soup-It’s my favorite food group. Okay, food category.
3. Pumpkin-It’s one of my favorite foods. In fact, in the past week alone I’ve made pumpkin crisp, pumpkin oatmeal, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin scones, and pumpkin spiced coffee. Pumpkin goodness.
4. Our anniversary is October 25. No explanation needed.
5. Apple Picking (Blast from the Past-Two Preggos pretending to pick apples because there were none to be found. One Swollen Preeclampsia ridden preggo and one cute Preggo!)
6. Fall crafts. This was my fall craft several years ago, and it’s still hanging in there.
7. The fair. About once I year, I indulge in greasy, fair food and actually love it! I think it is the only time of year I relish greasy food. We are taking the kids Saturday, and Luke is stoked! He is counting down the days!
8. My absolute favorite holiday is Thanksgiving. Don’t get me wrong, I love Christmas. But Christmas has become so over commercialized and stressful. Thanksgiving is just about being together to express gratitude to God for His faithfulness and blessings throughout the year.
9. Pumpkin Spice Latte’s at Starburcks!
10. Candy Corn! Mike and I taught Luke how to eat candycorn the proper way when we met him for a picnic Tuesday on his lunch break.
Exhibit A. Candy Corn-Splurge for the good stuff!
11. Hikes. Hiking is one of our favorite things to do as a family. Fall is our time of year to hike.
12. Sweaters, Jeans, Boots, Tights, Jackets
13. Lots of Deck Time
14. Bonfires (Although, we are too old for those now. )
15. Pumpkin Butter, Spiced Pumpkin Cream Cheese, and Maple Leaf Cookies from TJ’s
16. I had a fall themed wedding. 🙂 Leaves on the invites, Kraft Paper, Fall Colors, Etc.
17. Fall Decor
19. Blankets, Sweatshirts, and Sweatpants (I love cozy things!)
20. My favorite veggie is in season thus available at the Farmer’s Market-Kale!!!
21. Baking. I never bake much in the spring and summer but I’m a baking machine in the fall and winter!
22. Pumpkin Patches (My little man at 1!)
25. Fall scents.